Cooking with your little ones can be a fun way to bond and teach them a new skill. Preschoolers especially enjoy getting their hands dirty and being involved in the kitchen. Here are some cooking activities for preschoolers that are sure to keep them entertained and engaged, along with some kid-approved recipes.
Cooking Activities for Preschoolers
One of the best cooking activities for preschoolers is making mini pizzas. You can buy ready-made pizza bases or make your own with flour, water, and yeast. Then, set up a toppings station with tomato sauce, cheese, ham, and vegetables like peppers and mushrooms.
Your little ones will love spreading the sauce, sprinkling the cheese, and choosing their own toppings. This activity is not only fun, but it also helps preschoolers develop important skills like fine motor coordination and decision-making.
Another easy cooking activity for preschoolers is baking cookies. You can use a simple cookie recipe with basic ingredients like flour, sugar, butter, and eggs. Let your little ones help mix the ingredients, shape the dough into cookies, and decorate them with sprinkles or chocolate chips.
This fun activity will help your preschoolers learn to follow instructions and practice their measuring and mixing skills. Plus, they get to enjoy freshly baked cookies at the end!
This recipe is perfect for little hands and makes four mini pizzas.
- 4 small pizza bases
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the tomato sauce over each pizza base.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Add the chopped ham, red pepper, and sliced mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Enjoy your delicious mini pizzas!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe makes 12 chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Cooking with preschoolers is a great way to spend quality time together and teach them important skills. These cooking activities and recipes are perfect for little ones and are sure to keep them engaged and entertained.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your aprons and get cooking with your little ones today!
Leave a Reply